Tour Sign-Ups: More Than Just a Pretty Face by Syed M. Masood

by - June 07, 2020


Hello FFBC team!!  We are announcing a new tour we're hosting for More Than Just a Pretty Face that is being released August 4th, 2020.


The tour will run from July 29th - August 9th and there will be available the following types of posts:
  • Review (Limited spots)
  • Interview
  • Guest Post
  • Favourite Quotes (Blogger's Choice)
  • Playlist (Blogger's Choice)
  • Dream Cast (Blogger's Choice)
  • Promotional Post
Remember that July 29th this reserved for the Welcome Post, so do not pick July 29th in the sign-up form.

Reviewers will receive a digital copy of the book through NetGalley. So before signing up make sure you have an account on NG and can receive e-copies through the site.

As always, there will be a tour giveaway provided by the author. Details to come soon!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Signing up for the tour does not guarantee you will be selected. We will reach out to all hosts that have been chosen once the sign-ups have closed and the tour schedule has been published.






More Than Just a Pretty Face

by Syed M. Masood
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: August 4th 2020
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png

Synopsis:

For fans of Becky Albertalli and Jenny Han, a sweetly funny YA rom-com debut about falling in love, familial expectations, and being a Renaissance Man.

Danyal Jilani doesn't lack confidence. He may not be the smartest guy in the room, but he's funny, gorgeous, and going to make a great chef one day. His father doesn't approve of his career choice, but that hardly matters. What does matter is the opinion of Danyal's longtime crush, the perfect-in-all-ways Kaval, and her family, who consider him a less than ideal arranged marriage prospect.

When Danyal gets selected for Renaissance Man--a school-wide academic championship--it's the perfect opportunity to show everyone he's smarter than they think. He recruits the brilliant, totally-uninterested-in-him Bisma to help with the competition, but the more time Danyal spends with her...the more he learns from her...the more he cooks for her...the more he realizes that happiness may be staring him right in his pretty face.


I grew up in Karachi, Pakistan, and currently live in Sacramento, California. There have been plenty of stops in between though. I’m a first generation immigrant, twice over. I’ve been a citizen of three different countries and lived in nine cities. I am, as Goethe, said, “nothing but a wanderer […] on this earth.” 

Living among different people, in different countries at fascinating times in their histories, has shaped both my view of the world and my writing. Ultimately, human beings are the same everywhere (despite the fact that they tell themselves, everywhere, that they are different from each other), and the theme of this fundamental human unity informs everything I write. 

As to my life outside of writing, I went to the William and Mary School of Law, and before that attended the University of Toronto, where I studied English Literature. I am currently practicing as an attorney and must “measure out my life in coffee spoons” on a daily basis. 

Some members of my family will tell you that I’m also a poet. This isn’t true. I wrote a few poems in Urdu when I was a teenager, and I’ve never heard the end of it…which I wouldn’t mind, honestly, if they were any good. As it is, I’m very happy living in prose, thank you very much. 

Other interests include good food, video games, sitcoms, and books of all kinds. Most of my time that doesn’t go to writing or billable hours is consumed by my two children, four and two years of age.

You May Also Like

0 comments